Goodbye part 2

Today I said goodbye to my team. I've been really blessed to work with such wonderful ladies (and Ben!). My team has changed and developed over the 4.5 years I've been at Strode's and I've enjoyed working with everyone who's come and gone. 

I was a raw recruit when I first started. No managerial experience, never worked with kids before. But the girls took me in and taught me what I needed to know to survive the chaos. They challenged me to find the best in myself and I've come a long way. Without their support I wouldn't be the person I am today. They were my friends, my colleagues, my surrogate mums. My shoulder to cry on, my sounding board and my audience to vent to when the 'man' got me down. For 4.5 years they have been my whole world. I hope that I was a good manager/friend/colleague. 

I'm taking everything they've taught me and their good wishes and venturing out into the unknown. But no matter where James and I roam, they'll always be in my thoughts and in my heart. 

From left to right
Sue, Me, Louise, Carole, Jean, (back row) Helen and Ben

(Sadly missing from this photo are Sam and Abigail)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3

And we're off!

Hot, hot, hot!