First week

I can't believe it's only been a week since I last posted. This first week at work has felt like a month! My work timetable has changed about 10 times and I'm now working 4 days a week instead of 3. Suits me as the extra money will come in handy but by the time Friday came round I was totally exhausted. 

I'm supporting mostly Maths and Science, which is fun, but I do feel slightly out of my element. My week is split in to in class support and one to one support with a student who is behind his peer group. It's very challenging work and takes a lot out of me but I think I'm really going to enjoy it. 

The school is really nice and my colleagues have made me feel really welcome. I did feel a bit as if I'd been thrown in at the deep end this week and I guess that's why it feels like I've been at work for a month. 

We had a day off work this week due to Typhoon Trami passing close to Taiwan. I'm not sure if it actually made landfall but the weather was pretty spectacular. We stayed at home in our pjs all day and watched tv. It was glorious. The weather for the rest of the week has been good on and off. I got caught out in a downpour on Friday but thankfully managed to get a taxi home. The driver spoke some English and gave me some handy phrases to use when we need to go places. The Taiwanese people are so helpful and friendly. Very unlike London :P

James seems to be enjoying work and was very happy when he was told that he could run a Classics ECA. He's been dying to get back into that. I've offered to help out with sports ECAs but so far haven't heard back. 

James and I are enjoying our time outside of work too. After work we go out for dinner and spend time with our new work friends if people are free. We were going to go out friday night but James was out for the count by 8pm and I wasn't far behind. Sadly we missed the baseball yesterday because I was unwell but hopefully we can go some other time soon. 

Life in Taiwan is proving to be really wonderful. James and I are very lucky to have been given this opportunity and I'm extra specially lucky to have someone as wonderful as James to share this new adventure with. 

Well, that's enough for now. Chores to do and then people to see. 

Comments

  1. Miss you lovely lady! But glad you are happy! :-) James and I have bought a big green sofa and we LOVE it. Big time. James is worried that when we eventually have a child he will still love the sofa more. Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that really is love. Just be careful he doesn't try to have a child with the sofa. God knows what kind of mess that could lead to - emotionally and scientifically!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3

And we're off!

Hot, hot, hot!