The weird and the wonderful

I seem to find out something new about Taipei and Taiwan every day. It's a country of many wonders but also some oddities! I think that's what makes it so special. People just don't seem to take themselves too seriously here. 

Case in point. The A380 In-Flight Kitchen, Taipei, Taiwan

This Taipei spot replicates the in-flight experience with an interior designed to look like an airplane cabin. Servers dressed like flight attendants wheel around food and beverage carts. 
A380 In-Flight Kitchen, Taipei, Taiwan

I mean really.... where else in the world eh? You've just got to love it. In a previous blog post I mentioned the Modern Toilet restaurant where diners sit on toilets and are served out of miniature ones. Drinks are served out of urinals. Madness. 

Modern Toilet, Taipei, Taiwan

On another note, I am constantly astonished by Taiwan's beauty. I was surprised to learn recently that Taiwan has the second highest peak in Asia - Yushan (Jade Mountain) - which rises  3,952 metres (12,966 ft). Hiking is very popular despite Taiwan being the landslide capital of the World. 

Comments

  1. Have you been to the toilet place yet? So exciting! (My) James loves the look of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3

And we're off!

Hot, hot, hot!