First day of winter

Google informs me that today is the first day of winter.



While I am loathed to disbelieve the giant search engine, the weather outside feels less like winter and more like a balmy autumn. It's a very pleasant 21c outside today, with a soft breeze and dappled sunshine peeking through the fluffy white clouds. Our students are still running about in shorts and short sleeved shirts, with the occasional sweater thrown over top. Yangmingshan is beautiful when it's like this. 

Now this is, I hasten to add, not the kind of weather we experience on a daily basis. For the last few days it's been wet and miserable (like England in the winter). I would like there to be more days like this in the coming months but I've been told not to get my hopes up. Winter in Taiwan is supposedly very wet, though thankfully not as cold as the UK. Ah well. I shall enjoy today while it lasts and recall it from memory when the wet weather brings me down. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3

And we're off!

Hot, hot, hot!